Wednesday, January 20, 2010

She doesn't call, she doesn't write

Well, so far, not so good. I did tell the agent not to send us a bunch of listings that perfectly met our criteria but would be sold before we could get down to see them. But I didn't specifically bar her from contact with us before the May trip. To be fair, she admitted that she wasn't at the office when we talked so maybe she's waiting until she gets back to e-mail me. Though I'm not sure what she should e-mail me about since I don't want to see listings until we're actually ready to see them. I guess I just expected a little "hey, great to meet you on the phone, can't wait to get together in person to help you find a perfect spot in the Keys" or something like that. It is possible that despite my careful phonetic pronunciation and use of code words for potentially confusing letters ("B"as in Bob, "P" as in Peter) that she may have mis-spelled my e-mail address. But you would think if that was the case, the e-mail would bounce back and she would become concerned and try to track me down. She would still have most of my name spelled correctly and there's really no one with an even similar name in Ottawa. And she does know I'm from Ottawa. Maybe she was just pretending that she would be in contact but she's really not interested in trying to address our huge demands and low budget. She did seem to be almost rushing me off the phone, come to think of it. I had to keep saying, "there's just one more thing..." everytime she tried to say goodbye. Well, I'll give her a couple more days and then decide how to proceed ie whether to send her an e-mail (one more chance!) or just look for another sympathetic looking agent and hope they answer my call.

No comments:

Post a Comment