Tuesday, January 19, 2010

OK, we've got an agent, I think

Using a scientifically proven method of agent selection, I googled "best agent in Florida keys" and reviewed the list of agents who know a thing or two about SEO (or, at least, hire people who do). From that long list, I then reviewed each agent's website for the specific data that would determine whether or not he or she would be a good fit for us, specifically: did I like they way he or she looked? Having short-listed to one candidate who looked nice and approachable, despite being wildly successful, and who only covers the Lower Keys, despite the fact that we want to investigate both the Upper and Lower Keys, I did my diligence and gave her a call. As the phone rang, I planned the final test of her suitability ie would she pick up? If she did, that was a sign that she's the right agent for us.

This level of exactitude and commitment to a logical, thorough and, frankly gruelling, agent selection process, is not for everyone. We'll see if it was worth the 7 minutes I invested. She seems really nice on the phone -- so far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment